Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ah-hah!

It's funny how sometimes the things I say--to others and to myself--will cause a song to stick. And it's rarely really great, powerful songs that get stuck. No, more often it's nonsense--some song that drives me nuts or a single line that repeats over and over. Grayson is a big fan of The Backyardigans so, needless to say, I've seen several episodes multiple times!

Earlier tonight I was looking for something in my kitchen and, when I found it, I said, "Ah-hah!" which is a very natural response...but now I've got this Backyardigans diddy running through my head. And it's not the whole song. Oh no! It's simply Pablo singing the, "Ah-hah!" part and it's driving me crazy!

Grayson knows many of the songs and he's been singing them lately. It's really funny because he'll just burst out singing something about Sherman and we know he's referring to Sherman the Worman (in Polka Party Palace) Or, if you tell him something that is actually a line in a song--like "Hold on tight!" he'll respond with a hearty "YAH!" ...it's a viking yell!? And it never fails that I keep singing the song he sings long after he's moved on to something else! Alright, I've gotta "go, go, go...I can't go fast if I go too slow..." Uggghhhh!! ;)

1 comment:

Jenny Hintze said...

I know what you mean. We watch tons of ridiculous children's programming as well. And stuff will get stuck in my head and stay there for days.