Sunday, February 06, 2005

It's all about me!

I copied this blog quiz from Melissa's blog. She got it from her friend Mindy who got it from someone named Neil. . . We shall see where it pops up next! It is Sunday night and the rest of the world (it seems) is gearing up for the Super Bowl. I guess I'll watch it while I'm working on other things, but I get bored easily with football on tv and I've been disappointed with the commercials in recent years, so I'm not arranging my entire evening around it.

1: Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says: ". . . His person. The grace of his call burst all the bonds of legalism. It is a gracious call, . . ." The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Yeah, I'm doing a little light reading on my spring break! ;)
2: Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first? The back of the purple booth at which I am sitting. My sister and her husband's kitchen seating is an abandoned vinyl booth from a now-defunct Mexican restaurant. Classy stuff!!
3: What is your favorite vegetable? Broccoli
4: What is your earliest memory? Being irritated by the monkeys in the movie The Jungle Book. I found out only recently that I saw that movie when I was 2 1/2 years old when my dad took me to see it around the time my brother was born. I also have memories of Kyle and my mom coming home from the hospital. They stayed at my grandparents' house for a few days and I remember being told to stay out of the way! But I remember that I didn't mind b/c I was concerned about my mom and I didn't want to upset her.
5: What is the last thing you watched on TV? TiVoed showing of The Apprentice.
6: WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what the time is: 4:45pm
7: Now look at the clock; what is the actual time?: 4:37pm
8: With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? The washing machine and dryer--I'm doing laundry.
9: When did you last step outside? What were you doing? About 15 minutes ago--taking Ony out for her hourly trip to smell the ENTIRE yard!
10: Before you came to this website, what did you look at? I was looking at Melissa's blog which is where this came from.
11: Did you dream last night? Not that I can remember
12: When did you last laugh? This afternoon while playing with my mom's puppy Gus (who can be seen in earlier posts on this blog)
13: What is on the walls of the room you are in? A large mirror, A photo collage board with pics, a knick-knack shelf, and a little black cabinet
14: Seen anything weird lately? Oh, I was looking at some pics of the KKK yesterday. They were taken by a friend of mine--but I'll be blogging about that later and posting the site. It's truly fascinating and disturbing. Stay tuned. . ..
15: What do you think of this quiz? It makes me realize to what extent I will go to procrastinate! (I'm supposed to be preparing my junk to move tomorrow--it's almost there!)
16: What is the last film you saw? The Phantom of the Opera--Friday night. Good movie--disturbing storyline but the music is beautiful (along with some of the scenery! ;)
17: If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first? A new car--or maybe several! That would be quick and easy. Then I would organize a really long, very expensive trip to Europe.
18: Tell me something about you that I don't know. I don' t have wisdom teeth. I was looking at my x-ray while waiting for the dentist at a dental appointment several years ago and the nurse (hygenist?) said that I didn't have any! Daddy's response was that he'd already figured that out!
19: Do you like to dance? Yes, if no one is watching--I have no rhythm but it's fun!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Amazing how these memes make their way around the internet. I loved spending time reading your blog today! :-)

--Mindy