Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Camellias and Moving Day

Well, I have finally flown the coop!! I have managed to move nearly everything I own into my new apartment--minus all of the clothes that Erica has borrowed during my stay!--and I am now surrounded by musky smelling boxes. Don't ask me what's in any of the boxes! I spent all afternoon opening them up just to find out. Most of my stuff has been in storage for almost nine months now, so I'm rediscovering my stuff. And it's always on days like today when I swear that I'm gonna get rid of it all and have only what I can carry on my back! Ugh, I hate moving! But it is done and I plan to stay put this time! (Sorry Della, I think you're gonna have to look elsewhere for a roommate! There is NO way I'm carting this stuff cross-country!)

But hating to move does not stop me from accumulating more stuff! Even now I'm shopping for more furniture! Erica and I were talking about moving and, as they are buying a house (oh, yeah--hey Kyle, Erica and Damon are buying a house!) I was saying that they're gonna need to rent a truck b/c they have too much stuff for pickup trucks. I said that they are ADULTS moving--and she asked what that made me, a college student? And I'm thinking that I still kinda have that mentality. I said that I may be a student moving in, but I have a feeling that I'm gonna be an adult moving out! Ugh, and there are poor people in Uganda and whatnot who are barely scraping by and I'm shopping for entertainment centers and big, cushy chairs!

Anyway, the people who offered to help me move my belongings were available this morning so at 8:00 on Mardi Gras day--when most people are gearing up to head for the parades--I was carting heavy boxes! Ugh, what a day!! So sorry Melissa--I don't have any pics. But my friend Jen will be posting her Mardi Gras pics in the next day or two so check it out.

On a completely unrelated note, I spent some time this weekend taking pics of camellias in my neighbor's yard while Ony harassed a very determined squirrel. These are a few of the pics I liked the most. I don't know names of the individual varieties, sorry. I just thought they were pretty--sorry it's such a 'girly' post Brian! ;)








an action shot--see the bee! I was livin' life on the edge to get this shot!


my second favorite


my favorite pic--and I love this color/variety the most


2 comments:

Mrs. D said...

Love the cams. They are exquisite. Almost as nice as roses, but in a different sort of way. Hey, I have to defend roses since I am the only Rosarian you know....well, I think I am. Probably so. I need to renew my membership so I can begin attending the meetings again. Oh, yeah, and my subscription to Cat Fancy is about to run out, too. Hmmm....I think I have become the old spinster English teacher you warned me about!

Anonymous said...

Bethi...I'm so sad that you won't be moving to CA! I know what you mean about dragging your stuff across country though. you know how much I own...why else do you think that I bought a house out here..too much trouble to move my stuff back east!
Della
Oh yeah, and your pictures are beautiful!!