Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Thoughts of Andrew

I am so flattered that my blog has garnered attention from such as the ENTIRE Bridges clan! But of course, I attribute that attention to the post that Della affectionately refers to as "The Story about Paige." And I understand that Andrew is feeling a bit left out so I thought I would tell the rest of my readers a little bit about my new friend Andrew.

Della aptly remarked, and I do agree, that it's amazing to see twins who are so different. Paige is ALL girl and Andrew is ALL boy! And they are both hilarious! One of my favorite "Andrew" memories from that weekend has to be when we settled down to watch Spiderman 2. Andrew exibited both brotherly concern and his very masculine nature while we watched the movie. He would instruct Paige as to when she needed to cover her eyes because of the violence of the scene. Now, I never could figure out why it was ok for him--a 4 1/2 year old boy--to watch the scene, but she--a 4 1/2 year old girl-- needed to cover her eyes, but she did nonetheless. None of it phased him, though. What DID phase him were the kissing scenes! If there was even a CHANCE that kissing could occur, Andrew practically killed himself while trying to hide behind the sofa!

Andrew is also very into sports. He was watching a football game on Sunday afternoon and he couldn't always tell you who was winning, but he definitely knew his teams! And apparently someone took him to see the Florida State Seminoles play the Duke Blue Devils because he was very excited to tell his aunt--a die-hard 'noles fan--all about it!

And he loves to play football at a moment's notice. You could be standing in the hall talking to someone and, from somewhere behind you would come the words, "Hut, hut" and then there you were, prostrate on the floor with Andrew around your knees. I was playing with Andrew and made the mistake of rattling off a few numbers before i said "hut, hut" (and I know about as much about why you would say numbers before you call "hut" as Andrew does, but like my fellow football player, I immitate what I observe, even when I don't understand it.) Needless to say, at least while we were still visiting, Andrew picked up on that little detail and his "huts" now included a few random numbers and a whole lot more gusto! Andrew also liked to play these "pick-up" games of football at very unusual times but I won't go into more detail on that here--Della, that's your story to tell! ha!

One more story about Andrew--and this comes from his mom, Stephanie. She told us about one day when she'd taken the twins to Barnes and Noble. She stopped by the magazine section to grab a few magazines to read while she sat with Paige and Andrew in the children's section. She said that as they were leaving the section, Andrew's arms were full of hunting magazines. I guess he needed some reading material to occupy him while they were in the children's section as well?!

I don't know if my memories will be as funny to you as they are to me. I laugh just thinking about these stories. I had such a great time in Tallahassee! Thank you Darren and Stephanie for such warm hospitality and such funny kids! Y'all have a great thing going!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bethi I must say that Andrew is such a character! I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to play with both of my twins!! What a fun trip. I do have to add however that it wasn't all that wise to teach Andrew the football game right before bathtime. As soon as he got out of the tub, he decided to tackle you flat with his cute little naked body...and as the responsible adult doing the babysitting I had to convince him that it wasn't such a good idea to play football naked in December.
Della