Thursday, January 20, 2005

A Day in the City

I love New Orleans--and I say that knowing that a lot of people hate the place. I don't know if it's just all of the wonderful memories of the time I lived there, or simply the beauty and uniqueness of the city itself, but I get excited every time I visit. My friend Jen and I spent some time in the city over our Christmas break and these are a few of the pics we took while we were there. This was before I got my camera, so Jen was kind enough to let me use her camera--or to tell her when to jump out of the car and take the pictures!


A row of trees in Audubon Park

I used to love to come to Audubon Park on beautiful Sunday afternoons with a cup of La Madeline French Roast Coffee and a flaky pastry and people-watch while I pretended to study.

2 comments:

Melissa Muldoon said...

Hi Beth, thanks for your kind words of encouragement, AND for being the first to visit my brand new blog of just a few hours! I feel welcomed into the world of blogging already. I am enjoying reading your entries too. I love discovering wise and witty, not to mention inspirational and creative people through this process. Take care, and I will check back to see your new posts. Melissa

Anonymous said...

Beth,
You know how much I love the city too! I loved looking at your pictures and day dreaming even for a moment here at my dest of the hours we've spent exploring all that New Orleans has to offer. Oh, please move back there so that I will have a place to stay when I visit my love...New Orleans!
Della