Monday, August 22, 2005

Why I love Jane Austen:

It is not time or opportunity that is to determine intimacy;-- it is disposition alone. Seven years would be insufficient to make some people acquainted with each other, and seven days are more than enough for others. -Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility


Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us. -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

1 comment:

Melissa Muldoon said...

Can I just say I love Jane Austin too! Or more to the point, I love Mr. Darcy. How wonderful the moment when Darcy and Elizabeth meet in the woods at Pemberly when she is out walking with her aunt and uncle. I have to read Pride and Prejudice once a year...it is that good!