Monday, August 29, 2005

my new favorite meteorologist



I am a bit over-exposed. I have been watching The Weather Channel non-stop since I woke up this morning--ok, I watched local channels for a little while but they were just GETTING ON MY NERVES (I'll probably blog about that later). They have several meteorologists 'on-site' at different locations but Jim Cantore has become my favorite. He's on-site in Gulfport, MS. Through the modern-day miracle of DSL, I quickly discovered that he's been with TWC since 1986 and he's apparently a bit of a storm chaser. I also discovered that his wife has early-onset Parkinson Disease and both of his son and daughter have fragile X syndrome. He seems like a strong person. As I'm going a bit stir-crazy at home, I thought I'd blog about him. Keep it up, Jim!

2 comments:

Melissa Muldoon said...

Beth, I am glad you are all right. We are so sad for what has befallen New Orleans. Man builds, but nature is ultimately more powerful. The world is watching and praying. The images that you have posted are incredible. My heart aches for the city and the people that are trying desparately to pick up the pieces...

(on a weather channel note...my husband and father are avid weather channel devotees...and Jim Cantore has always been a favorite around here! : )

I had to sign on tonight to check on you! Stay well!

Anonymous said...

thank u so much 4 all of this info...i live in gulfport and i wanted 2 c pics of my house or neighborhood...i searched 4 ever 2 find them...but i finally did...
Thank U so much i have 2 go cry over all of this... so bye bye!