Sunday, August 28, 2005

Update!



As of about 10 minutes ago, the new information is that sustained winds are at 175mi and pressure is at 907mb! Basically, the Gulf waters are warm and as the storm passes over these coastal waters, it could potentially build strength. It's like throwing kerosene on a fire...this is not good! The concern now is not so much about property damage as it is about human life. This is a very dangerous storm and there are always some very stubborn people who refuse to leave.

I have been watching too much Weather Channel since last night. It's addictive! My favorite is how the Weather Channel has newscasters standing on the beach in Biloxi and Gulf Shores talking about the mandatory evacuations--oh the irony. And the guy in New Orleans has Bourbon Street as his background! Funny! Alright, I'll keep you posted as new information comes in...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yeah, I have some cousins that never leave. As far as I know they haven't left yet. Kent and I are "hunkered down" (lol) in Zachary.