Saturday, January 28, 2006

Remembering Challenger

Today was the 20th anniversary of the Challenger space shuttle explosion. I can't believe it's been 20 years! I was in 5th grade and our class had gone over to the 6th grade wing to watch the television coverage of the event. It was a big deal because Christa McAuliffe was the first teacher to go into space. There were several interviews with her prior to the launch and she seemed like a really neat person. I remember wishing that she could have been my teacher. I don't think I'll ever forget where I was when it happened.

2 comments:

Chuchey Dradey said...

I remember that. I stayed home sick that day and was watching it in my living room. After it happened, I told my mom about the explosion and she really did not believe me until she came out of the kitchen and saw that it was true. It was really the first tragedy of our generation.... at least that I can remember. People our age can answer "Where were you when..." That was good of you to post that.

Bee-ryan said...

I was in kindergarden. We had a TV in our class. It was nap-time, and I was supposed to be sleeping. I never slept.