Monday, January 16, 2006

Never a dull moment with Emory!!

Tonight my friend Emory and I went to dinner at Zeus (which I've blogged about at least a time or two! It's my favorite!!) Weeknight dinners out are rarely worth mentioning but this one will definitely go down in my books as one of my most entertaining meals ever!! Emory meets no strangers, so she's good at keeping up with the 'friendliness' of our dear servers at Zeus. Tonight, we had the good fortune to meet Nidal, the owner...and just to let you know, WE are family now! ha! He sat us at a table in the back--near the kitchen--where 'the family' sits and he checked on us throughout our meal to flirt with us and make sure we were doing well. Eventually, he came over to check on us and proceeded to sit down and visit with us for probably thirty minutes or maybe more! It was a very interesting conversation ranging from a mini-lesson on Islamic beliefs (Nidal is Muslim) to relationship advice! SO funny!!! Of course we took pictures!

Emory trying a little 'kibbe'

Nidal and Emory

Me and Emory in the tent

A very creative shot, courtesty of Nidal :)

Nidal vanished for a little while and we had no clue where he went. I ran to the restroom, and came back to find him and Emory sitting in the tent! It was hilarious!!

Emory's getting all 'duded' up!

A view from behind

Who is that masked woman?!

Emory's birthday Baklava came with a little birthday dance with Clay

Happy Birthday Emory! :)

You can check out Emory's version of the story, along with a few different pics, here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Tonight was so much fun. I can't wait to come home again so we can go see our new "cousin." Hee hee! I wrote about my experience and stole some of your pics. Check it out! Thanks for being an awesome date and for such a great birthday dinner!

Chuchey Dradey said...

Hey, next time I go through Louisiana to visit the in-laws.... Well, to make a long qeustion short... is it near I-10? It looks good.

Anonymous said...

good pics when you're in them Beth !...saw a dancing photo but knew the - sorta - repentent Baptist lady wouldn't be doing that, ha. Oh and your tongue looks very happy while you're taking that last bite (that one on the link to that other freakin' blog...you know...yeah, that one. Great blog for a busy woman.

Zydeco choo choo! bye-now

Anonymous said...

Guess who called me on Wednesday!! Yup...it was crazy. Too funny!