Sunday, January 29, 2006

Assimilation

Well ladies and gentlemen, I have finally joined the 'i' cult...er, family. ;) When the whole ipod thing became popular, I quickly dismissed it. I'd had a Sony Walkman when I was a kid...what's the big deal?! Living with college kids for a summer (with their expendable incomes and fun toys) made me start to rethink my staunch anti-bandwagon view on this new techno-gadget, but I still wasn't convinced that I wanted to spend THAT much money for a suped-up jump drive! (Although I was being swayed by the free engraving promotion that Apple was offering this summer.)

Little did I know that simply waiting would give me a version of that 'toy' I'd begun to think on fondly. Other years Centrifuge Directors have been given anything from beautiful watches to leather office chairs...this year the Director gift was an ipod shuffle! While it wasn't a full-blown ipod, it was a start! I brought the little sucker home and promptly forgot all about it until December when I found it in a box of stuff (very important stuff, mind you!) that I'd mailed home at the end of the summer. It's been sitting on my coffee table for two months along with a hearty resolution to start exercising more! Today I finally got around to setting up itunes and organizing my playlists. Ladies and Gents, I am finally ready to join that oblivious multitude who manage to drown out that pesky oncoming traffic with tiny little ear-buds! Watch it, I may be stepping out in an intersection near you!! ha!

1 comment:

Chuchey Dradey said...

Your poor lonely ipod.... sitting their untouched and stuffed in a box for all this time... You ought to be ashamed!