Thursday, January 12, 2006

My very diligent friend

A few months ago my friend Emory introduced me to the music of her friend Nathan Lee. I really liked it, so she said she would get one of his CD's for me (they aren't for sell). Well, in the meantime Emory decided to move off to Nashville in search of riches and fame (just kidding) !She was busy packing and getting ready for the move, but she promised me that she would send me the CD. Well, a few days after she moved, I received a package in the mail and it was the CD she'd promised! Problem was, my 'ray-of-sunshine' mail carrier jammed it into my box behind a magazine and some junk mail, crushing the package that was clearly labeled Do Not Bend! UGH!!! I hated to do it because she'd gone through so much trouble, but I emailed Emory and told her about the broken CD. She was disappointed but said that she would send another one.

So yesterday when I came home, I had a delivery attempt slip on my door. I'd missed a package from Emory. Today I picked the package up at the FedEx office. This was it:

As I began to open the box, I had to laugh! She made sure no one was gonna crush this package! :)




So after I fought through all of the packing tape and bubble-wrap, I managed to find the CD--contained in a CD holder and wrapped in a big plastic bag! Here is the CD with all of it's 'packaging' :


And here is the result! My very own Nathan Lee CD--in pristine condition! Thanks Emory! I appreciate the effort and I am sure I will appreciate the music as well! You are a diligent woman!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! I was going to call you and let you know about my experience at FedEx but figured you'd enjoy the surprise! I walked in and said, "This has to make it in one piece NO MATTER WHAT!" I'm glad you got it and I hope you enjoy it.

(Shh! By next year there may be one for sale...! Tell you about it this weekend.)

Chuchey Dradey said...

And... you can send the bubble wrap in the same box to me and my cat for hours of fun!