Thursday, February 23, 2006

Stress Relief


I love having this little fella around! He's great to hug and kiss on when the day has been rough! And things have been rough lately. Nothing big...I just feel like I'm being nibbled to death by goldfish. Erica and I met for dinner last night and I had a good ole' 'therapy session' thanks to Grayson! ;) He was 2 months old on the 20th and he's a lot of fun. He's starting to watch things and really respond. He's sleeping in this picture, but I'd like to think he's dreaming of his 'Aunt Beff' ;)! Erica keeps reminding me that I'm gonna be leaving this summer (for camp) during a really fun time--but I tell her that if she'd like to pay me around $300/week...I'd be happy to stick around! Ah, the joys of private school teaching...all the stress for even LESS money! :) I know, I chose it! No need to remind me. But a summer job is a definite boost to the income.

Anyway, today was a fun break from the stress! ha! That's kinda funny considering that another teacher and I took the 9th graders on a field trip to New Orleans, but it was a lot of fun to just 'play' with the kids. I've missed that. They drive me crazy on a regular basis, but they're a fun group of kids. We toured the Cabildo and the St. Louis Cathedral...I'll post some pics tomorrow. I'm afraid that the trip has pretty much wiped me out!

1 comment:

Chuchey Dradey said...

Yep, I know whatcha mean about the pay... Though I could have tought private school, I opted for public. I don't know how we could have survived. I teach in gangstas paradise, a few murderers and car jackers get picked up everyonce in a while. I am also sure that they have some AK 47s stashed somewhere for the upcoming gang war. But, I must say that it is interestingly rewarding. Increased pay is really hazzard pay I'm sure.