Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Satan dwells here

Well, not here as on this page...and not in my heart either! :) But I am beginning to believe that that Lucifer himself is residing in my computer! I've had this sucker only 13 months now, and it's been acting all sorts of crazy lately! Seriously, I think it's possessed!! Last month it just decided to reject my wireless card (rookie mistake: I didn't think I'd need to spring for wireless access...who really needs wireless?! Little did I know that only two months later I would be screaming, "ME!! I need wireless!!") so I'm forced to sit on the floor two feet away from the stinkin' DSL modem so that I can plug in directly! (and no, I'm NOT gonna go buy a longer cord--I refuse!! I'll just sit on the floor and whine about it!)

And then this afternoon it just decided that it didn't want to be on the internet! After spending twenty minutes on the phone with my friendly Indian customer service agent, I decided that it was not my service that was screwed up, but my sweet lil' computer!!! ugh! After trying everything I could think of (I'm not super computer savvy, so it wasn't that much!) I gave up and decided to work on some of the homework that I've been dragging back and forth for days. After my pouting had run it's course, I decided to try "one last thing" and low-and-behold, it worked! So here I am, blogging away like a fool...I've got to get this in before the NEXT thing goes wrong!! So...I don't suppose any of you faithful reader just happens to be a computer genius who'd like to donate his or her time to clean up this lovely little mess of a computer?! yeah, I didn't think so! ha! Oh well, I guess it's making me a stronger person!

6 comments:

Chuchey Dradey said...

One word.... Mac

beth hintze said...

Oh, HOW did I know that someone was gonna say that?! So do Macs not get viruses? Or do weird, unexplainable things? I'm not really familar with them. I had one in my classroom when I taught in Texas, but I didn't do much more than type tests and worksheets on it. This one is gonna have to do for the time being! I can't afford another computer--Mac or not!

Chuchey Dradey said...

I used to have PC. But, since I have had my Mac (about 11 months) I do not know the meaning of Norton Antivirus. I have had no virus issues. It Rocks!

Jenny Hintze said...

I REALLY think that Satan has better things to do with his time!

Get a Mac.

Phillip Hintze said...

Most viruses are executable files. Mac OSX does not recognize executable files. Period.

Chuchey Dradey said...

I wonder where he got that from....