Sunday, March 20, 2005

The things I find in boxes...

I'm having a wonderful time unpacking boxes that were packed about 10 months ago. Last week I found my Calvin and Hobbes books. I absolutely LOVE Calvin and Hobbes. I can't tell you how upset I still am that Bill Watterson stopped writing. These are a few sites that I found by googling Calvin & Hobbes:

  • 25 great Calvin & Hobbes strips--along with commentary
  • uComics currently posts "Calvin and Hobbes" cartoons on their 11th anniversary date. Today's rerun, as seen in newspapers, is available along with a one-month archive.
  • A good article on Calvin & Hobbes in The San Francisco Chronicle from Dec 30, 1995.

I can't believe the strip has been gone for almost ten years now! Boy, time flies! Well I will probably be posting others as I re-read them yet again, so stay tuned...

The following strip is one of my favorite of the school-themed strips...my, how perceptive ole' Bill truly is! :) (you can double-click on the strip for a larger view)

1 comment:

Phillip Hintze said...

I love Calvin & Hobbes. Bill Watterson was such a thinker. I guess he still is, but who would know? It'd be awesome if he came out of retirement with a couple dozen new C&H books. *sigh*