Monday, March 07, 2005

God Bless the Chickpea


I don't know who discovered the chickpea, but I would kiss him on the lips too! I don't know what it is about ground chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, and a little lemon juice, but I just love the stuff! Della and I got take-out from Zeus last night and I just finished some great leftovers. I can't get enough of that restaurant (and all of the cute employees don't hurt, either)! Della seemed to enjoy it as well, especially the fella who kept us company while we waited for our order! He was the brother of Nidal Balbeisi--the manager of the restaurant. The restaurant is a family business. He's an engineer in Kuwait but he was kinda "hosting" that night while he's in town. It was a very interesting conversation, and the food was wonderful as always.


And for those of you who think, "Hummus--ugh, *gag*!" I was where you are not that long ago. But fortunately, I got over it and now I love the it! I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

aladdin said...

Hi Beth, Do you remember what the name of Nidal's brother is, the one in Kuwait?