Monday, April 10, 2006

temporary amputation

Isn't it sad how quickly we get attached to things...and how we forget how to function normally without them?! I had a temporary amputation occur on Friday and I felt off-balance all weekend. Fortunately, everything is back to normal--and working better than ever--today. Sadly, this amputation, while somewhat painful, was really quite petty. As I've mentioned in an earlier post, my computer seems to have been possessed by Satan. We've recently set up a wireless system in our building at school and Anita and I have been working diligently to get my computer to pick up the signal. It was doing all sorts of bizarre things on Friday, so Anita's computer whiz husband took it home over the weekend to clean it up and perform a routine exorcism.

It's so strange to think that a mere 15 months ago, I didn't have internet access at home...and now I feel so trapped when I don't have access for three days! Rather sad, I know. Ah, how easily we become addicted to the convenience!

No comments: