Sunday, April 02, 2006

New York City, take 2

I'm gearing up for my second trip to NYC! It's a school trip this time and there are twelve of us going which should be lots of fun. I've been reacquainting myself with the subway routes and popular attractions in an effort to get some sort of itinerary set. Going with a bunch of 16-year-old girls will definitely mean this will be a very different experience! Shopping is a high priority!! I just hope we can squeeze in a few culturally significant experiences in between! ;)

I was thinking about Daddy today. He and a co-worker went on a long business trip in the early 80's--New York City, London, Amsterdam, and Bombay--and I thought about him alot on my first trip. It's neat to see the places he went. I wish I could have had the chance to see it with him. I've posted a few of his pictures from the little bit of touristy stuff they did on the NYC leg. He has lots of neat pictures from Bombay. Maybe I'll post them some time.


Dad on the observation deck of the Empire State Building--World Trade Center in the background

Another shot of Dad at the Empire State Building

Dad at the World Trade Center, looking North

At the World Trade Center, looking South with the Statue of Liberty in the background

4 comments:

debbie said...

Beth, Donald asked me to tell you "Thanks" for putting the pictures of your Dad on your blog. It sure makes him miss David. He looks so young in those pictures. What a good man he was!

beth hintze said...

Thanks Aunt Debbie. I was missing him too.

Phillip Hintze said...

These are great, Beth. The family resemblance is pretty amazing. I can really see Kyle in the third picture. The others remind me of Dad when he was younger.

Anonymous said...

Your right Phillip! I can really see Kyle in that third picture. I never really thought Kyle (or really any of us kids) looked like Dad (Mom either), but I guess as we are getting older similarities are coming out. I could see Kyle standing that way too.