Thursday, October 27, 2005

From the mouth of...

Grace is one of my hilarious 11th graders. There is no way I can fully express on this blog how funny some of her expressions can be! I will do my best, but you really have to hear her!

When asked to define 'divinity'..."A GOOD cookie!"

When responding to the journal topic: The thing I fear most about growing old is..."A BAD retirement plan!"

When asked how she did on the ACT last weekend..."It was EASY-SHMEASY!" [pronounced sh-ME-zy]

When discussing someone's beard..."like Santa Claus! He should have went applied for the position."

When discussing the dangers of professional nail salons..."Don't go get a manicure! FUNGUS!!"


A very versatile phrase for Grace: "Holy mackerel!"

On a drawing she did on my dry-erase board..."It reminds me of creation. It's even better with all the colors mixed up!" (picture included to the left.)

On the possibility that her new 'interest' might ask her "to go out" on the anniversary of the date she and the guy she dated previously started dating..."Oh my gosh! I'm TOTALLY weirded out!"

On the day after a new exercise was introduced in PE (and everyone was talking about how sore they were)..."I'm not sore! You girls must be OUT of shape!"

While talking with the other girls about their extreme dieting measures in an attempt to fit into homecoming outfits..."I'm proud of my pooch!" (fyi, there is NO pooch!)

Ahhhhhh, I can't wait to hear what she comes up with tomorrow! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace, Grace, Grace....can I have your autograph? Wait, I already have it...on the buh-zillions essays you write for me!

Love,
Your Favorite Teacher

Bee-ryan said...

She sounds like a hoot.