Sunday, October 30, 2005

As I sit here, sipping coffee and pondering the divinity of Christ...


I'm at CC's right now (the coffeehouse, not the Pizza place--just in case some of you would be wondering why I'm choosing to hang out at a cheap pizza place for hours pondering the divinity of Christ) working on lecture notes for my apologetics class--and you'd have to be IN the class to know how laughable that truly is (shhhh, girls...don't rat me out!) I'm relying heavily (alright, exclusively) on Kreeft & Tacelli's argument as presented in the Handbook of Christian Apologetics because it's really good! I thought that this quote from the book was especially interesting and wanted to share it with you, my devoted readers ;) :

Aquinas argues that if the Incarnation did not really happen, then an even more unbelievable miracle happened: the conversion of the world by the biggest lie in history and the moral transformation of lives into unselfishness, detachment from worldly pleasures and radically new heights of holiness by a mere myth.

Leave it to Aquinas to come up with such good stuff!! Alright, back to working diligently while trying my level-best NOT to 1. listen to other people's conversations, 2. watch the people who come and go (I've already run into a girl I graduated from high school with and a waiter from Zeus that I've got a little crush on!) 3. find everything else in the world to look at online while I work on my school work! I came here b/c I can't work at home...I thought it was just being at home, but apparently I can't work anywhere! ha! Well, it's not quite so bad...I have managed to get a good bit done between IM conversations and random web searches. Alright, back to work! :)

3 comments:

Bee-ryan said...

Did you take that artsy coffee picture?

beth hintze said...

uhm, yeah...that would be compliments of google images! ;)

Bee-ryan said...

I just realized that I have left you 2 comments containing the word "artsy." I really think I need to have that checked out, especially while I still have health insurance.