Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Patience...

I know that some of you faithful readers out there may be wondering where I'd gone, but never fear! In the words of those wonderful Who's: "We are here! We are here! We are here! We are here!" [It's from Horton Hears a Who by Dr Seuss and it's one of my favorite children's books. Go out and read it today!] Anyway, back to the point...I tried to post pics from program weekend last night, but blogger was acting up (big surprise! ;) So, I hope to be able to post them tonight...since I know that people would rather look at the pretty pictures rather than read! :)

Until then, I just thought I'd write about something that truly fascinates me every time I travel: checked luggage. HOW IN THE WORLD do they get everyone's bag from one plane to another with such accuracy? I am referring to connecting flights for the most part. It makes me want to work at a major airport like Atlanta just so that I can see how it's done. Mr Rogers' never did a video segment on that (although he DID do one on how crayons are made which I still remember vividly and find quite interesting!) And along with that, HOW IN THE WORLD are the people at the Lafayette airport so inept that THEY can't get one piece of luggage from the counter to the plane parked RIGHT OUTSIDE the doorway within a timespan of 30 minutes??? As much as I enjoy the convenience of leaving from the Lafayette airport, things always happen that make me wonder if it wouldn't just be better to use Baton Rouge or New Orleans. I will curtail my complaints with that vague statement. I just felt the need to vent a little.

Alright ladies and gents...that's all for now. Hopefully I'll get to post my pics this evening and then you can see some of the people I saw this weekend! Ta, ta!

[Oh, I was able to post a few pics to our east coast camp blog which is a blog I set up specifically for my team. You're welcomed to look there for now.]

No comments: