Sunday, June 25, 2006

howdy folks!


Well, week 4 is about to begin! I can't believe I've been here for over a month now! Time flies, but it also feels like I've known these people forever. It's so cliche to say, but it's true. I have really enjoyed getting to know my staff this summer--and it helps a whole lot NOT to be in charge!! My job this summer is very behind-the-scenes and I really don't get much of an opportunity to get to know many of the 800+ people who come through here each week, so the relationships that I have with our staff seem all the more significant this year. I have not been doing a very good job of taking pictures but this one is a shot of (from l to r) Amy, Zack, Christie, and Jason at Waffle House. For anyone who'd be interested to know, I think Jason's eyes kinda look like Daddy's-- feel free to chime in with your own opinions! ;)

I'm sorry I've not done a very good job of blogging. Camp is also kinda strange in that I have lots of neat experiences, but 98.2% of them are "guess you had to be there" kind of moments! This is Christmas week so we'll be having lots of fun after hours. I'll do a better job of taking pics so that you can see all sorts of pictures of people you don't know! ha!!

For those of you who might be curious as to how quickly you need to be mailing in those care packages (eh-hem!!), our last day here is July 31, so I should be home August 1...with one week to spare before the teacher days start at school! Well, we still have a little while, so lets all try to enjoy it!!

...and in case you were wondering, Zack does look like a normal guy when he's not making a funny face! ;)

No comments: