Thursday, December 22, 2005

Grayson Parks, day three

So they have officially decided that his name is Grayson Parks Trahan. He is still in NICU but he continues to progress well. He had what I believe the doctor called a pneumo thrombosis yesterday (basically, because he's a little early, his lungs still had some immature spots and his breathing put pressure on one such spot and it tore a little and air was escaping into his chest cavity--I don't know if I got the name--or spelling--correct.) They removed the air and the condition has corrected itself on its own. He is now under an oxygen hood, but they are weaning him off of the oxygen and once he's able to eat for 24 hours, they will release him. He's a little trooper!

Erica is also doing well. She is moving around more and more and has found that she loves Hunt's Snack Pack red jello! She will probably be released from the hospital tomorrow. Grayson is doing great, but he will probably still be in a little longer. Please pray for Erica and Damon, as it is going to be hard for them to leave him behind, no matter how short the duration.

I have a couple of pictures of Grayson (the quality is not the best as it was dark in the NICU and I didn't want to freak him out with the flash!) I also took a few shots of his nursery this morning, so I thought I would post those as well. As always, I will continue to post as I have the opportunity, so stay tuned!

Grayson at 3 days old

No comments: