Thursday, December 08, 2005

Come on people, WORK with me!!

Alright, I need to hear it from any Smallville fans in the area! I LOVE Smallville but I am apparently part of a small--but thriving--population, because no one I know seems to be a fan! And tonight's episode was SO good!!! I know I sound like a sci-fi nerd, but I need to process it with someone! And it has nothing to do with the Superman-y stuff. Tonight was more about how Lex becomes Lex...and it's been a fascinating turn!

And while I'm on the subject, have I mentioned that I'm a big fan of Michael Rosenbaum?! He plays Lex Luthor on the aforementioned Smallville. If you need some help, here's a pic...or two!

Here he is in character--with the bald head and all


And here's another picture of him...just so that people who WILL make fun of me about this will see that he does actually have hair.

My thought here is that if blogging about that weather guy fella actually led to him reading my blog--which still cracks me up--why couldn't it happen again! ha! right, right...I know that's not happening! But a girl can dream, can't she? ha! (and no bright ideas Damon! I know your tricks!!)

8 comments:

katie said...

Beth, if you're really dying to meet some movie stars, they're shooting a movie in Cape Girardeau soon(just 30 minutes south of us, where we do our shopping). You can apply to be an extra! I bet you'd be accepted...ask Kyle about the details, though, I don't remember:). Check out our blog...I just posted some pix of our awesome day today.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a usual Smallville watcher but I was hooked last night! I had to leave half way through though and didn't see the ending...you'll have to spill it on Saturday for me!

Phillip Hintze said...

Isn't Smallville a teenybopper drama?

No offense.

Jenny Hintze said...

I just finished reading your meteorologist conversations. That's pretty cool. Did you ever e-mail the guy? Do you think that was really him or someone pretending to be him? That was Phillip's idea, by the way, that he could be an impostor.

beth hintze said...

I would just like to say I'm SO glad that Phillip ended up with such a classy gal--WAY out of his league (but let's not hold that against HER!) To my most recent comments, I shall respond...

Phillip: I don't know how some former X-files-obsessed GEEK can make ANY comments about my casual appreciation of Smallville! I'm serious folks! It was a little sad to watch him watching X-files. He knew it all, even the deep conspiracy stuff that I never could understand!

Andi: Gee, I was JUST about to pull out that m-fuge reference to write a GLOWING recommendation for someone I know...hmmmm, who could that have been?! I just CAN'T remember now!!!

Jenny: Yes, that was actually him. I emailed him at his work address with a very simple, "hey, did you comment on my blog today?" and he wrote back saying that it was indeed him! Some of those comments aren't his, though. I accused Damon of faking the original comment, so he promptly jumped online and figured out how one could go about doing so! The comment saying to email him was actually Damon, but I did anyway because the suspense was KILLING me!! It was really funny. We talked back and forth for about a week, but I felt silly so I didn't really keep in touch.

Phillip Hintze said...

Dearest cousin: I won't argue with you about marrying out of my league. Jenny is way too good for me.

Let's talk about the Smallville/X-Files comparison for a second. For one thing, The X-Files came out in 1993, when I was 16 years old. It was an award winning drama, and its target demographic was a tad bit older than the latest "hit show" on the WB network.

Smallville is Dawson's Creek with a cape, and you are not 16 anymore.

:)

beth hintze said...

Ya know what Phillip? My blog = I can write about whatever I'd like!

Lay off!!! You're being a JERK!

Chuchey Dradey said...

Reading those comments was fun.