Friday, June 03, 2005

NYC Trip: Day 6--The Today Show, Chinatown, Grimaldi's, the Brooklyn Bridge, and Julius Caesar

Well, we went to the Today show this morning. I am pretty sure we were never on camera as we were only there for the last hour or so of taping and we were in the back of the crowd most of the time--and I'm a little short, if you hadn't noticed! We saw a cooking segment with Al and Ann but no Matt or Katie--sorry Joni! Seeing as I'm usually on my commute to work when this show comes on, I never actually watch the Today show, but we went none-the-less, because it's what you're supposed to do when you're here, right?

After a quick stop at Dean and Deluca for coffee, we headed over to Chinatown to do a little shopping. I soon caught the shopping bug, and a 'little' shopping turned into quite a bit! It was fun and y'all all want souvenirs, right?! ;) After that exciting adventure, we took the subway over to Brooklyn and had lunch at Grimaldi's--a pizza place that a friend recommended. It was really good and apparently others think so as well, because it was rated best pizza by Zagat for 2005. After lunch we walked back to Manhattan via the Brooklyn Bridge.

Tonight we saw the last of our three shows. It was Julius Caesar, which was much different from what we have seen thus far. It was very well done. I will say that my favorite of the three was Wicked. I really liked it and if ANYONE needs someone to come back and see it with them, I'm game!! Well, it's late and I'm tired, so I'll leave you with these pics:

Al and the cooking lady in the segment...I realize that all of these pictures are a little blurry, but I was shooting under VERY strenuous conditions! These Today show tapings are NO picnic!! ;)

No comments: