Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Feeling good...I think?!

Well, crisis has been averted and all is right in the world...at least for now. June 19, 2005, will go down in my book as one of the most exhausting days in my life. I can't remember what I said in the post I wrote that morning, but I'll recap now. Due to the fact that other groups were at Skycroft during our training week, we could not set anything up until 10:30pm the night before the first day of camp. We have a rather extensive set this year and that took a while to set up, so we really didn't start messing with sound and media equipment until about 1:30am. Around 2am, we realized that the computer that all of our media is on did not have any audio or video drivers and was basically useless to us. That lead to a very long night and early morning.

Plan, like, 'G' or 'H' was to load a random box of MediaShout software that we'd found mixed in with office stuff (and had nearly thrown away)onto Haley's laptop. When we open the box, we discover that it's version 1.0!! (that's really old--like maybe 4 or 5 years old. They are on version 3.0 now.) So that's what we did...and it worked! I truly believe that God provided in that instance, because there is no other reason why that software would have been mixed into the office boxes. And we are all stronger for the experience, I suppose. And BOY, do we have some stories to tell! ;)

The drivers were overnighted to us, and we're back in business on our original equipment now. My staff has been amazing through this. They are all working SO hard to make camp the best it can be and I praise God for each of them. I cannot tell you how pleased I am with everything so far. There are always things to be 'tweaked' but camp is running so smoothly. We are about half-way through the second day and while I'm sure that more trials lay in our path, I trust now more than ever that God always provides a way through them and that he uses these 'gliches' to grow us up in the process. Please pray for us and know that I'm still lovin' camp!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean to tell me that fuge sent you a computer that did not work. Gee, that has never happened before. They always send equipment that works (please note sarcasm). Anyway, glad to hear that your summer has gotten off to a great start, other than the equipment issues that is. Tell Doug I said hello.