Tuesday, June 03, 2008

delayed reaction

Hi there, long-lost readers...or perhaps it has been I who's been lost?! May is always a ridiculous time of year for all of the end-of-school hoo-rah. My blogging absence has been partially because, after sitting at the computer for HOURS on end trying to design a semester exam that my students could have a fair shot at passing (which is NOT an easy task as my students were not really the "academic" type to begin with and I just cannot make a 'gimme' test to save my life!), I just didn't have the interest or wherewithal to compose intelligent and meaningful insights into my life! (Ha!) And then partially because my friend Sherry tagged me in her blog and I've been stuck as to what I might reveal about myself in my response! School has been out for one week now and summer boredom has set in, so I thought I'd take a moment to catch up on my lapsed blogging responsibilities...first order of business: the tag!

The instructions about this tag are pretty simple. I believe I'm just supposed to reveal three random things about myself...but that gets harder when I consider all of the things I've already blogged about in this forum! Lets take a jog down memory lane, shall we? WAY back in the infancy of my blog, I waxed eloquently upon the magic and wonder of Crayola Color Wonder markers (one of my favorite posts, I must say!) That first year of my blog gave me an opportunity to remember my Dad's legacy. I wrote about the impending doom and then the resulting catastrophe of hurricanes Katrina and Rita. On the lighter side, I also wrote about the crushes I'd developed on local and national meteorologists (with an oh-so-embarrassing response from said local meteorologist!) as a result of the obsessive amounts of storm coverage I was watching! As I look back and reminisce, I realize that I've covered many of the significant and not-so-significant moments of my life for the past 3 1/2 years. There have been times when I didn't feel comfortable revealing details, but I have used my blog to express the emotion I felt through the experiences...it's been a good place for me. I've definitely slowed down from my 'blog twice every day' momentum of the first year, but I have tried to stay somewhat consistent in my efforts!

And so now I must come up with three random things about myself to satisfy this tagging! Hmmm...I have thought about this for a while, but I'm afraid I've not come up with anything particularly exciting or revealing! My disclaimer thus given, I will begin!


1. I am ridiculously "connected": I have a blog, a myspace, a facebook, a blackberry curve (which I LOVE and which allows for a much more enjoyable texting experience!), and I twitter! I'm sure that there is more that I could do, but I thing I have my hands full at the moment!

2. I absolutely love, love, love LOST! Maybe it's the literature-lover in me, but I find the storyline absolutely fascinating! The writers have done such a good job of developing the characters in surprising and unexpected ways, yet still in keeping with who they are as characters within the storyline. And the storyline has expanded SO much since its inception! It's been a wild ride, but one I plan to stay on until the bitter end! I cannot wait to see how it's all resolved...but that will also be a VERY sad day! I also have a pretty significant crush on Henry Ian Cusick who plays Desmond (He also played Jesus in The Visual Bible: The Gospel of John) and I was quite relieved to find that he survived the season finale! ha!


3. If I could be independently wealthy and have whichever career I choose, I would become a professional photographer. I am well aware that with all of the advances in photography equipment and technology, this is a common interest for many...but count me in with that lot! I remember saying that I wanted to be a photographer when I was in junior high but dad said that I shouldn't make a career out of a hobby (dad-speak for "get a real job!") so I planned a career all around my love of academia, reading and literature! ha! But I've always loved photography. I am still very much a novice and I just don't devote enough time or effort to develop my skills, but it's fun to noodle around with a camera in my hand and see what I come up with! I am the most neurotic event photographer you could probably ever have, but I think the end shots are reasonably well-done. I like photographing people best. I enjoy scenic photography, but I think I prefer the range of expression in portrait and candid photography. Of course, I'd also love to try my hand at travel photography...which is a big part of where the 'independently wealthy' qualification would come in handy! ha! My nephew Grayson is my most common subject, so I thought I'd include a few of my favorite shots of him. (These were taken with my Canon Powershot A520 point-and-shoot. I have a Nikon N80 film slr...haven't yet upgraded to a dslr. I'm making myself learn the basics on film first!)





Ok, that's three random facts! These may not be particularly new or insightful, but I've fulfilled the tag and now I can move on to other things!! ha! ...and I'm not so great at tagging other people, so I'll let that go for now, but comment back and let me know if you choose to participate in this blogging foolishness!!

4 comments:

Sherry said...

I'm sorry that my tagging you caused you such stress. It was supposed to be fun. I'm glad you feel free to get on with life, now.

Katie B said...

ok, so I went back to read the meteorologist blog and what? That Mike whats-his-face got a little bit too into that you had a small TV crush on him. Did you e-mail him?

beth hintze said...

Yes, i did email him...he wasn't the one who wrote all of the those comments. My brother-in-law Damon had figured out how to leave a comment as "someone else" so some of those are from him! I thought that was what the original comment was...but then i emailed Mike at the station and, NOPE! it was definitely him! ha!

Bee-ryan said...

Miss your blogging.