Thursday, July 27, 2006

the ways God speaks...

I had to run an errand this morning and as I was driving back, flipping through the amazing selection radio stations in the greater Greenville area, I came upon a song that reminded me of the hymn, Great is Thy Faithfulness. I'm not sure if the song was a version of the hymn, or if it just shared a similar melody, but as I listened, I began to think about the words of that hymn. I think I often forget to just rest in His faithfulness. I'm so focused on what I am trying to do or what I want to happen...I forget to just trust...trust and obey, for there's no other way...;) well, i'll skip the "hymn sing" for now, but I thought I'd post the lyrics. I hope it can be just as great a reminder for you as it has been for me today.

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

3 comments:

Mrs. D said...

We missed you at today's Tangerine festivities...I hope I spelled that right. It is almost 3 AM and I am still up! UGH!

Anyway, we have decided that once school starts each of us will take a Thursday and provide a treat for the God Squad. Christie is taking the first Thursday and will be showering us with a Cheesecake Factory cheesecake! So much for the diet!

:D
Jen

katie said...

I love those "old" hymns! I wish there was a launchcast station(internet) with only hymns...there are so many profoundly beautiful ones that I've wondered why they've seemingly fallen off the face of the worship scene..? When you come, i'll have to play some of my faves for you:). Lots of good times going through old bookstalls...

Anonymous said...

Please update! I miss you!! Hello to the fam!