Thursday, March 23, 2006

me = over Kelly Clarkson

Now, don't get me wrong. I like Kelly Clarkson just fine. I guess it's that whole journey from obscurity to the first American Idol bit that has endeared her to many of her fans, but she seems like a nice, normal person. And I own this CD--it's a great angry CD. My problem is with those blessed radio stations that seem to think that the world's not right if there's not a Kelly Clarkson song playing somewhere at any given moment! Seriously, I flip through stations a lot and I probably heard a Kelly Clarkson song at least four times in my 45 minute commute! With the threat... er, promise of more to come in a teaser as I was driving into the parking lot of my apartment! Seriously, I don't get radio programming these days...


And on a separate but related note, I must say that I really like the Garden State Soundtrack. It's mellow and cool...just like me! ha!! ok, just kidding, but I do like it. I'm not knowledgeable enough about current music trends and styles to discuss it with any intelligence here, but listening to it makes me calm and happy...so it works for me!! The Shins have two songs on it and I believe they're sort of 'trendy indie' at the moment. And I do love Such Great Heights by Iron and Wine. You may know it best as the song on the kaleidoscope m&m's commercial. All-in-all, a great CD.

And those are my picks and pans of the week! haha!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah, it's a fantastic soundtrack...and as much as I love the Shins, I think I get just enough from them on that cd. And Iron and Wine's lovely.

I graduate in a month, Heinz. And I'm applying to Seminary...crazy stuff.

Anonymous said...

I *heart* Beth.

Unknown said...

Beth, you'd probably like the Scrubs soundtrack as well. Similar-and Colin Hay has a couple cool songs (was Men-at-Work frontman long time ago). They both star Zach Braff, must be why.

beth hintze said...

Thanks Sarah! I'll have to check it out.