Saturday, May 13, 2006

Do we have something on Thursday?

I'm finding that there are simply not enough hours in the day!!! I am leaving for camp in less than two weeks and I am at a point where I wonder if I will actually get it all done before it's time to go. Maybe if I give up sleep? Hmmmm...

I've not really talked about it much on here, but I am doing that whole camp thing again! This will be my sixth straight year of camp. I will be serving on the North Greenville University team. It's a combo camp so we'll have both Centrifuge and M-fuge going on simultaneously. Actually, it'll be Centrifuge programming but during the day half of the students will be leaving campus to work at ministry sites. While I completely enjoyed every part of directing last year(please note the sarcasm!), I have decided to go back to being an AD--Administrative Director. I will be handling the paperwork and the business of camp. This year will be much different because I'm finally back at on a stationary team (please note the relief!) and we will have a total of 38 on staff!! That's as many as my last three teams combined! It will be a kick to work with so many people again. I was a little worried that I'd be the old lady on staff, but I'm finding that while there are many young 'uns, there are also quite a few that are near my age and maybe even a couple that are older than me!!

But all of that doesn't happen for a couple more weeks. Right now I am neck-deep in preparing finals! Yeah, we all hate to take them but a lucky few of us (again, the sarcasm) have the exciting opportunity to 1.) prepare them, and 2.) grade them!!! Bleh! It's taken me about 5-6 hours to prepare my Church History final...but it's done! So one down, three to go!!! [And here's a happy little thought for ya...It probably took me longer to prepare the final than most of my students will actually spend studying for it!]

Once the finals are finished, there are still a hundred other tasks on the ole' "to do" list! And I think I have something going on every night until I leave...which brings me back to my original question. Does anyone know what I committed to do on Thursday night? I know I told someone I would do something, but for the life of me I can't remember who I was talking to! Oh well...I guess I'll figure it out eventually! Until then, there are finals to prepare and clothes to wash and things to pack and places to go and people to see and ring ceremonies to attend and classrooms to pack up and...the list goes on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

....and a nephew to spoil a little bit more before you go! Since he'll be missing a whole summer of his Aunt Beff!